Friday, February 25, 2011

Are We Done Yet?

"They" say this round of layoffs is supposed to be done today.  My people even scheduled a potluck at lunch to help us all relax a bit and deal with the stress.  The theme is "comfort" food.

I chose not to bring anything, but I am declaring today "Be Good to Yourself Day".   If we get that email, I'm heading straight to RunTex for those sneaks.  I've put off beginning my Runner's World training program, and I'm antsy as hell.

If I can't run my way to being good to myself, I'm going to land myself in the garden from some structural trimming. 

Suddenly I wonder if all my cleaning is just a need to constantly move, achieve. 

Push.

And in keeping with this week's theme, I was pulled out of my commute coma this morning by a simple question coming out of my radio.  Of course it was my current FAV band, Dave Matthews!!!


Where are you going?



With the long face pulling down



Don’t hide away like the ocean



That you can’t see



But you can smell



And the sound of waves crash down





I am no superman



I have no reasons for you



I am no hero, oh that’s for sure



But I do know one thing:



It’s where you are is where I belong





I do know, where you go



Is where I wanna be





Where are you going?



Where do you go?





Are you looking for answers to questions under the stars



If along the way, you are growing weary



You can rest with me until a brighter day, and you’re ok





[Chorus:]



I am no superman



And I have no answers for you



I am no hero, oh that’s for sure



But I do know one thing:



Where you are, is where I belong



I do know, where you go



Is where I wanna be





Where are you going?



Where do you go?





Where do you go?



Where are you going?



Where do you go?





[Chorus]





Where are you going?



Where do you go?



And where are you going?



Where this goes