Sunday, August 7, 2011

Fly Me to the Moon!

Don't turn here or guards with guns will tell you to turn around and take the next left.

Super cool rocketships!

It's been a hot, muggy day in Houston, but it makes for beautiful skies.
Give me Texas rain any day!

Simply amazing.

Our respects to Apollo XIII.


Cool mid-century architecture. 
They designed the complex to resemble a college campus to inspire working collaboration.
I don't know what else to call this design style other than Eanes-era. 
Or "spacey".

The original Mission Control!
They're renovating for reuse in the upcoming programs.

My personal respects to Challenger.
I'll never forget that day.  
My 6th grade Social Studies class watched the live coverage on tv,
and then sat in stunned silence at the tragic end.

Bet wishes in all your future programs, NASA.