Friday, August 26, 2011

Friday

Listening to Dave Matthews again.  You always bring me back, boy. 

Congrats, G-man, on your new job.  I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Went shopping today, somewhat of a success, but also reminds me that I reeeeeeeeally don't enjoy shopping much.  Why does it have to be so hard on my ego (i.e. why can't I be perfect like the catalogs, and why can't stores use incandescent bulbs???)  I did score the tan pants and the grey pumps that have been on 'the list' for awhile. 

Shopping also reminds me that I can't wait for Fall, when outdoor training is a possibility.  Those trails near my home are the BEST to run.  The scenery is so beautiful and very few people have discoved my favorite path or are willing to brave the cedar, which doesn't bother me.  Me and my thoughts.  This time is more selfish than any other.



I've decided not to run the race in SA in Nov; I hadn't realized it was a Boston Qualifier, and I really prefer not to be in the middle of all that.  RunTex is great about listing local/country races, and those are the ones I really like.  Give me the Luling Watermelon Thump race anyday, but you'll never catch me at anything too serious.  The big runs aren't for me, they make me lose my breath due to the lack of flavor.  Do I want to be a Boston Qualifier?  Not this year or next.

I've taken A LOT of vacation time this month.  I head back on Monday.  I can't talk about that now.  Ugh. 

Be a trooper, big girl, it can't be that bad.

Thanks, Dave on Pandora, you're making my night lovelier.