Friday, August 12, 2011

Thanks for the Smile!

OMG, it's been such a terrible week at work!  I won't bore you with the details.

I've had a little cold and whether I'm hungry or full I feel sick.  Blech, and this little fever won't give up.  Go away, sore throat!  Stop burning, sinuses!

And of course J is with other relatives again, squeezing the last bit of fun out of her summer.  Tonight I get her back long enough to drive her to another slumber party, then tomorrow it's off to yet another set of grandparent's for the weekend.

I have every belief that life ebbs and flows this way.

Here's the non-complaining part- In the midst of my coping, getting by, containing my misery, my manager has gotten some groovy new headphones.  This highly proper, very distinguished gentleman is rocking to some apparently awesome tunes, singing "yeeeeeeeah, yeah-yeah-yeah" in his African accent and whistling happily in between.

Thank you, W, for brightening my day.  I'm groovy now too. 

Sometimes it's good to let the guard down and relax a bit.