Thursday, April 26, 2012

I AM

http://www.cbwhit.com/Victim-to-survivor.htm

In my research in healing past wounds, I came across the HAVOCA site.  They posted a chart titled, From Victim to Survivor to Thriver.

Not too long ago, I was stuck deep in this first column.  Now, I have found the glory of many of the third column traits.  I smiled as I read through these because at one time, I would have said "BULLSHIT" if you told me I'd ever feel the way I do now.

Nobody did this work for me.  It was a gift I had to give me, inspired by me.

I belong here.

This girl has learned to fly. 

I feel the need to have my daughter, friends, and family in my life.  I still want security.  I'll probably never love these stretchmarks, but I appreciate my whole uniqueness.  Regardless of the outcome, I'm here to stay :)