Friday, June 29, 2012

The Lake

I'm titling tomorrow's run "The Lake".  My first attempt at a 26.2 miler.  I've gone as far as 21 or so, and it was hot and hard.  I was also hung over, and endured plenty of blisters.

This time I'm wearing my favorite tennies.  Thanks to the TX heat, I'm starting around 3:30-ish in the morning.  I've been priming my body for this ever since I flopped at "The Ranch", aka "Love and Determination".  I'm not perfect, but I've done very well with my nutrition intake and added Pilates to my usual exercise mix.  My Sunday ten-miler went happy.  I crosstrained a little too hard Tuesday but that's mostly just affecting my upper body now.

Two margaritas on Wednesday...  ;)  and I should have had one less glass of wine last Saturday, but otherwise I'm keeping the alcohol bottled up.  If you knew me a few years ago, you'd be as amazed as I am.  I really am.  Good job, girl.

I'm a little nervous and of course, life always adds its unexpected stresses.  For the most part, I feel prepared and better trained than ever.

Here is what I know:
  • I've already mastered this particular course
  • Night running with a headlamp is exciting
  • A lot of people are behind my success
  • I won't be in anybody's way
  • Riverside is my JOY
  • The photographers have already left the building
  • I can't wait to see Selena again.  Twice.
  • Plain cooked potatoes will never taste better
  • I am free to run as I please
  • I AM READY
See you soon, dragonflies.  Lead me as you always do.  Make me smile and giggle as you buzz my forehead and dart around my knees.  You may remind me where my true love lies, but I already know.

It's right here.  In me.

Do you see it too?