"The Maze" was simply incredible and I truly had a great time. Each of the others, "The Loop" and one that is separate from the Rogue series, "Hell's Hills" brought up some old feelings of abandonment. I also have a huge fear of getting lost in the woods. And I feel like I'm in the way of the real runners because I'm constantly stepping off the trail so they can pass me by.
I've learned a lot about trail running, and about myself. Here's what I know:
- I have solidified my own safety in life
- I belong with this group of runners if I choose to belong
- I can finish the 18.6 mile task
- I am sometimes in the way of other runners, but it's not an actual problem
- If I get lost, I will make myself findable
- I am not abandoned because I begin and end the journey for myself
- This is one of my sports
I will run Sunday because this is what I do. It's not easy.
That's EXACTLY why I'm drawn to it.