Thursday, July 12, 2012

Running in Place

I've been benched the last week and a half, probably with another week to go.  I hate not running. 

Stupid foot.  Keep up with me!!!!

Situps and pushups on my knees aren't enough to release my energy.  To add insult to injury, I can't eat like an athlete.  I've cut out the alcohol (empty calories but oh so lovely) for the time being, too.

I feel pouty and the mounting housework adds another layer of stress.  I can't dart around cleaning like usual, which I also call cross-training.

Hello green tea and chia seeds in my oatmeal. 

Body, I'm very mad at you, but I'm taking care as best I can and we'll get better soon.  I'll treat you to a one-piece swimsuit that provides good coverage for a few laps in the pool.  Maybe by Saturday? 

Can we call it triathlon training???