Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Heeding the Call!

I've been bubbling under the surface ever since my vacation was approved. 

The last month has been full of measurable and temporary challenges that I won't detail.  I've been under so much stress, and I really appreciate all the smiles and suds offered to me by my nearest and dearest. 

I think I would have drowned if it hadn't been for y'all picking up the phone to listen to my complaints in the moments I most needed it.  You make my heart sing.

Hello, New Orleans, paramour!  You've been in my dreams, reaching out to my soul.  I love your faded colors and peeling paint; you remind me to cherish my own flawed beauty.  Your graceful charm leaves me breathless, as does your rotten beer smell!! My favorite art gallery awaits.

Hello, Jacksonville, angel!  I don't know you!  I'll wake up a mere four mile jog from your Atlantic beach.  I look forward to the respite you offer, and your quiet morning sands to ease me back into my pace.  There is a part of me I have not met... introduce us, my dear. 

Hello, Destination #3, sunshine!!  I'm SO EXCITED about this one that I'm going to keep it a surprise!!!  Did I mention I'm FREAKING EXCITED????  This is the stuff that wishes on stars are made for.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.  You will find me running, in lotus, and in love. 

A special thanks to my mom and Mike, who are funding this fabulous vacation.  Many, many pics coming soon!