Tuesday, November 13, 2012

My Own Strategy

Eat cookies for breakfast.

I'm abstaining from alcohol, and am moderating caffeine.  My body has gone into hyperdrive, wondering what the hell is going on here. 

Last night's run was simply amazing.  Clean fuel, clean body, a clean PR on my 10K.

Today is yoga, and I will listen to my guru's (such a strong designation!) nonjudgemental, soothing voice as I stretch my clean muscles. 

Why? 

Because I prefer to go where it isn't easy. 

Let me take the hard way, smash through resistance.  I don't want to live in shadows and greys when I see clarity is available.  Why choose less than wonderful? 

I won't stand in my own way, and the only person I'll ever bother to fight is me.

Standing at the top of the mountain, sweating, chest heaving for breath, I can ONLY realize the work was worth the achievement.  Pausing, sliding back, these things happen, but failure ONLY happens when you give up.