Monday, December 17, 2012

Peaceful Me

I loved this weekend.  I don't think I've had a more blissful two days in a loooong time.

I started with a 16 mile no-pressure run around an "easy" trail, trekking a route I've had in mind for some time.  I had no reason to push, nobody to impress, and zero accountability.  So this is what it's all about.  I used to run like this, just whenever I felt like it and however.  That was before I had goals to meet or PR's to set.  I even ran a portion to music, something I've never really bothered to experience.

For the rest of Saturday, I enjoyed my little family and spent time looking into my kiddo's eyes.  She's a little woman now, not a whole lot unlike myself.  Yet so different. I was happy to let her best friend join us for a sleepover, and didn't bug either of them as I went about my chore business.

My tired feet didn't mind the nine loads of laundry yesterday, or scrubbing the cabinets and cleaning the fridge in between cycles.  I tidied my closet and set my personal accoutrement just as I like them, a little treat for myself.  I always feel better in a clean, organized house. 

I guess people are going away on vacation soon, because coworkers are starting to drop off little gifts.  I love the thought that goes into these gestures.  Even the smallest gift is a sweet reminder of meaningful friendship.  It's that the gifter cares to entice my smile, that entices my smile!

Thank you, to all my dearest friends who are with me, offering your love and support.  There is no greater gift.