Thursday, April 18, 2013

Thursday Day

C's interview went very well, and our little family enjoyed a nice dinner off the healthy menu at the local steakhouse.  I had a $5 coupon, so we splurged on some fattening appetizers.  J liked the potato skins and chicken tenders, a rare treat for her- fried things!

The interviewers followed up with him twice yesterday, fill out this form and again to let him know they'll be in contact soon.  He's great with people.  I'm proud of the way he's using his talents.

I went to get my hip checked by a sports medicine doc yesterday and got some sad news.  The long term implications are that my left hip joint wasn't born with enough space in it, and that the joint was also blessed with a bone spur.  I'll go for an MRI on Friday to see how this has affected the cushy cartilage.

The very big deal is that distance running isn't a good idea for me because they can't fix the space issue.  Even if the cartilage is fine now, it was made very clear to me that my high impact sport is not recommended for the structure we looked at on the x-ray.  My right side looked lovely.

Everyone wants me to look at the bright side.  Nevermind the fact that I've already gained five pounds in the last month by trying to rehab the hip on my own and reducing mileage and training.  Nevermind that I rely heavily on running to stay one step ahead of depression.  I'm out for three weeks minimum, and nobody seems to understand how painful that is for me. 

Self destruct in 3 - 2 - 1...

Please don't tell me that cross-training is equivalent.  Tennis is also banned and I hate swimming with a vehement passion.  Elliptical may be a possibility; perhaps I can set up a machine at a trailhead so I can feel free again.  I don't want to change.

I want my run.

I want sobriety.

I want to breathe.

My feelings are only heard in this unreal ether.