Friday, June 14, 2013

Day 4

Hello, world!  I can't believe how great I feel.  I haven't been so unbloated in I-can't-remember-how-long.

My skin isn't as red and blotchy as usual.  My weight hasn't changed since yesterday, but I feel very fit and energetic.  I'm not in it for the weight loss.  I want to kickstart my way back into fitness, back into athletic.

I'm not juicing to the extreme; I did have a big plate of roasted veggies last night, along with a side of steamed broccoli and cabbage.  I also had a fresh salad with a smashed avocado used as the dressing. You'd think my gut would be in great distress from all the veg!  From Day 1, I've expected digestive turmoil, but I haven't had a single issue.

My only complaint has been a backache that runs from my lower back up through my neck.  I don't typically have back problems, and my workouts are so minimal that I call them "activity phases".  There's no reason for my back to hurt.  If I were to believe anything I've been reading about detox, I'd have to attribute my backache to that process.  Supposedly, my body is healing itself and withdrawing from the remnants of all the bad stuff I've dumped in it. 

How long will I go?  I still don't know.  Until I get bored with juice and veggies.  I'm not yet. 

Hey! A parade is outside! Gotta go see. There are benefits to working downtown.