Thursday, July 10, 2014

Swim, Bike, Run

Repost- something didn't allow this to publish June 1. 

I cycled the course for my triathlon, minus the swim and run component this morning. Turns out the cycling component is the same as what I've run as a half marathon for the last two Decembers at Decker. It looks so different on a bike!

Man, my hand hurts. Holding the handle and shifting gears is almost too much after a few miles. I don't let it slow me down. We'll get this fixed in a couple weeks, and worse than pain is taking time away from my sports. Grrr. I hate rest. 

I have the last trail run of a series of three tomorrow at Reveille, the only DNF I have on my resum√©.  It's been a couple years since I've tried the course, but I feel ready and happy. This one is mine. The Houston Marathon lottery is June 4, so I've got distance on my mind this next season. Hopefully we can mix that with my new triathlon skills and start training for a big boy tri. 

I have some other ideas for next year that aren't -shock- athletics related. I'm still gathering my thoughts, but these goals feel good and come from the depths of what makes me happy. 


Snapped this after today's course ride. 



Healthier lunch Friday!!



Last weekend's practice tri


Lake swimming- I finally made peace. It's my "weakest" event, but I have challenges in every sport. I'm not worried about any event of the tri. I'm in love with all of it!