Friday, June 23, 2017

Slow and Steady

I won another race entry, short distance 5k, and start time is 9pm this evening. My body is finally ready for a 5min run/1 min walk for this distance without injury. I've really been looking forward to this event- I just found out about my free spot on Tuesday.

In the meantime, I have been sewing a dress for work and applied for a couple more open positions at my choice employer. No callback yet... I've also applied at some local admin jobs, which I consider middle ground between the primo employer and the callcanter (last resort).

I've been taking my coffee on the patio in the mornings, leaving my phone inside, just to rest my mind and commune with nature a bit. We're finally to the point where the weatherman declares each day "the  hottest day of the year" and I don't enjoy midday outside activities. The patio time has been nice.

I can't wait to be among my pack tonight. There's nothing like standing in a corral, waiting for the start gun. I haven't run an event since last fall, and I'm trying hard to remember who I am lately.

I run.